« Home | Blogthought: Because i didnt » | come full circle » | coming soon.. » | Blogger beta added on blocked list... » | crashed » | kids are so cute!! » | status quo » | A TAX-ing experience » | blogthought: If I could, I would.. » | Setting the mood... »


One year on..

This i wanted to post yesterday, but since i was offline the whole day, today is going to be it.

Sunday, October 8th, we witnessed the first 'anniversary' of the devastation caused by the Earthquake in the northern regions of Pakistan.

For me, the quake kind of had a much more personal touch... my father was posted in Islamabad when it happened, and the way he described it to me, forever changed my priorities in life.

He was sleeping at the time. When the first of the tremors hit, his eyes opened and for a few seconds he could not understand what was happening. Everything around him shaking, the sound of rumbling was defeaning. Then it hit him, he was in the middle of a quake! Being the logical man that he his, he figured out it would be no use to even try to get up and get to safety, the quake would be over much much before that, so he did the next best thing, he prayed.

In his words, "I thought to myself, this is it, this is my time. I thought of my family, said a small prayer of forgiveness, and started reciting the kalma"

I still get nightmares on what could've been...

May God bless all those people who lost family members in the quake, and give them the courage to move on.

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page