« Home | Google Error » | Power Trip » | hypocrisy » | Interpretations... » | blogwordoftheweek: Inspire » | Suitable » | The tides of change » | Why i love & admire Pervaiz Musharraf - The Person » | Theres nothing quite as satisfying........ » | Announcing... Pak Telecom Updates »


Change - A constant

Only recently, i ranted about a change in my workplace... and what was my initial reaction to it. Mashallah, im all settled in my new place now, which i think is a bit better, since now i get to interact with the people more. I used to be at the end of the office and mostly lost in my own little world. So that was good.

Just as i was settling into that change, another one happened! And this was TOO sudden.

My mom informed me three days ago, that she's decided to join my dad in Islamabad! She was just there for a week, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary (mashallah) and this bombshell dropped when she came back.

Now, i knew we had to move eventually, the house we're currently living in is marked to be demolished and we were served the eviction notice quite sometime back. But i was under the impression the move was going to be localized in Karachi. Now its suddenly intercity. My brother will be going with mom to islamabad as well, while i'll be staying back.

Why dont i join them? Two reasons... actually, just one reason. I have to finish off my university work (which is at its last stage) before i can actually leave the city. Oh yea.. and work. :D

Whats going to become of me then? Well, step number 1 is.. find a place to stay. I have the option of staying with relatives, and i *so dont* wanna exercise that option. Whats the fun of being alone in the city, if you still have to play by the rules... that too, someone else's? My parents offered a certain level of freedom to me, and we had a 'no interrogation' policy at home about each others well being, if we were home at night at a decent time.

Im looking for a room to myself, probably in one of the navy messes, which will allow me some degree of freedom and a taste of what life on my own is like.

And so I predict, this blog is going to take a new turn as well (yet more change), along with my life.

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page