« Home | When you forget to have lunch.. » | Ad Teaser #4 : Solved » | Subconsious Messaging - i-mate JasJar » | today at the office... » | The state of the purse strings... after college » | Back to basics.. Advertising Methods » | A day with my 'ghharelu' peeps » | Why arrest the victim? » | coming of age.. » | I WILL NOT BLOG TODAY!! »


eviction notice

Today, we were 'served' with an eviction notice to vacate the house we've lived in for the last 6 years. Its been "approved for demolition" and no longer considered safe to live in. So now, we'll be moving to another place, setting that up and start living in it till the next shift. Bye bye wonderful community... i'll miss you.

Now a little background.. im from a military family. There... thats the background. Haha. So anyway, we live in whatever accomodation allotted to us for the time being, depending upon where my father is posted.

Being from the military.... home doesnt have the same permanence for 'us' as it does for a lot of other people out there.. We cant make long term plans on decorating the place... you never know when you'll shift out.. There's no alterations you can do.. no enchancements (like adding a new room.. retiling the bathroom, etc), no personalization (coloring your room in a color you like.. and such).

My room consists of one wall-mounted study table, and a mattress on the floor. Thats about the whole 'furniture' in there... when i see other friends of mine doing 'creative' work with their places, or making modifications.. it always gets to me. Like this one friend did his room in a full blue theme and it looks WOW! my room.. its offwhite :(

The shifting program always reminds me of the the saying "home is where the heart is". In my case.. wherever the military thinks its suitable. LoL!

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page