« Home | Back to basics.. Advertising Methods » | A day with my 'ghharelu' peeps » | Why arrest the victim? » | coming of age.. » | I WILL NOT BLOG TODAY!! » | sibling rivalry » | soo hhooottt » | so restless... » | Brand Power # 2 » | Sunset... »


The state of the purse strings... after college

I read this article here on how, after we graduate college and get a job, our spending mindset doesnt change. We still view lunches of Rs. 50 or more as expensive and compare other items the way we used to while in college. I agree with this alot, as the first thing i changed after getting a job, was started treating myself to a little better life. No longer would i have to make do with having a Rs. 10 roll for lunch, because my spending money was limited.

Many of my friends however, did not change their mindsets even after we've been working for almost 1.5 years now... why? I dont know!
"We have to realize that people earn money now," she said [reffering to being invited to a birthday party where the minimum entree was of $30 to $40]. "We're not college students any more. It's ok to spend money on some things."

I hadn't thought of it that way before. Things have changed--most of my friends have great jobs and $30 or $40 isn't a huge hardship. Yet a bunch of us (myself included) are still in the college mindset sometimes. That's good for a lot of things, but not everything.
I used to be jilted by my friends than im too loose with my purse strings... this article is my vindication!

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page