« Home | Have i finally lost it? » | Happy Day! » | Calling card woes » | blogwordoftheweek: Believe » | Not the only ones » | And once again... » | Look into my eyes.. » | The X in me... » | Celebrating cousin's day with... » | In a city of 14 million people... »


The early bird gets the worm

In this case.. my business!

I went out this morning to retrieve some documents from my fathers friend, on the way back.. decided to shop for a new TV. It wasnt something that sudden.. rather it was on the back of my mind for quite sometime. The time when i decided this was about 10:30 AM. I decided to head off to Saddar, specifically Regal Chowrangi, to atleast get some quotes.

What i saw appalled me! Even at 10:30.. almost every shop was closed! I almost turned back to go home, when i saw this one shop open... and thought to atleast have one quote. So i went upto the shop and started asking for the pricing. I was interested in getting a 29 inch Flatscreen tv for my home. Initially, i thought i'd go with Philips, since my last was a philips too.. however, my mother was seriously against it. I asked the shop keeper about it, and his remarks kind of mirrored that of my mother

"Dont go for philips, they're made out of cheap chineese parts, just think that if comparable tv's from other companies are 5 to 7 thousand more expensive, then they must be cutting corners somewhere"

Oh well, so much for keeping going for philips. I asked him what sets he had on hand and he showed me a samsung one, a sony one, and a nobel one. Tried them out one by one.... and what really took my fancy was the Samsung model.

It has really good sound quality, and sharp picture! But what really won me over was the 6+2 year warranty (6 year picture tube, 2 year parts) that came with it. The other models except nobel, which had a 9+3 year warranty, had lower durations, with philips at 3+1 and sony as 4+1.

Why didnt i go for a nobel one, if warranty was such an issue? Simple.. after seeing the results of samsung and sony... it just didnt compete :-D Its very good in the affordable category, and in itself, has a very good picture quality. Where it lagged behind was sound.

So anyway, coming back to the topic! That shop was open early in the morning... the salesman was polite and very helpful, exchanged my previous TV for a very good price, and after a little haggling, gave me a good price on it, and threw in a trolley at a discounted price, which resulted in me buying it from him *on the spot*. Now im a happy owner of a new 29" Samsung Plano TV.

There! that should be a lesson to all other shopowners! Open up early and you'll get a impulse buyer.

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page