« Home | Calling card woes » | blogwordoftheweek: Believe » | Not the only ones » | And once again... » | Look into my eyes.. » | The X in me... » | Celebrating cousin's day with... » | In a city of 14 million people... » | What do you do with.... » | Quite Imaginative.... *dripping with sarcasm* (Bra... »


Happy Day!

Yesterday, for me, was a very happy day! On three counts actually!

Count 1:
I got my first raise! Yayyyy! I know its against the culture to discuss pay, so i'll just say it was a cool 33% increment! Also had my annual review done. Company policy is that the boss discusses our progresses with us before finalizing the report. This is what was said on my report.

Best Qualities
Techinical Ability
Learning Ability
Communication Skills

Points to work on
Personal Organization (i can live with that :-D)

General Comments
Asset to the company

Overall Result w.r.t Expectations
Above Expectations

The best part was the verbal compliments i got from my boss. You see, when i started this job, i was put in as a test subject. Im working as a consultant, and entered it straight after graduation. Now, generally, being a consultant means you have relevant experience and knowledge. Knowledge i had (having completed six years worth of degrees in Software Engineering) and the rest i learned (hence loved the learning ability in 'best quality'). Now 8 months afterwards, i think the boss is seeing he made a good choice. My employment here was also very sudden, i came to him looking for advice as to where should i apply. He was my teacher (and is also my research supervisor)... and somehow, during our talks, he hinted that there might be an opening here.. and i immediately took it up! Next thing i knew.. i was sitting here two weeks later as an employee. Yippee!

When the complete report was discussed, i was asked "are you okay with this report?", my reply:"....... you kidding! im FLATTERED!!" LoL!!! (i actually said dat)

Now onto count 2:
My cousin is getting engaged this weekend! This is the same one i spent the cousins day with. The bugger didnt even tell me anything about it! Yesterday, his sister comes upto me and says "I have good news".. im go.."what?" and she breaks it to me! I swear i was much more in shock than anything else. The poor girl thought i was dissapointed to hear it or something. LoL! I had to explain that the way i was acting was me being 'esctatic' !! LoL!

Count 3:
My dad came to karachi for two days! Yaay!! I love it when he's around.. i can then get away from the 'holding down the fort' responsibilities for the while when he's around.

Somehow, i maybe knew the day was going to be good. I was up at 7:30 without the alarms, ready by 8, and out of the house by 8:40!! After a long time i was at the office before 9:30! and most importantly, before the boss! Oh, also took dada for a checkup and went to a daawat in the night thrown for my other cousin who had recently got married.

Labels: ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page