« Home | What do you do with.... » | Quite Imaginative.... *dripping with sarcasm* (Bra... » | Modern Machines in Local settings » | why homemakers are more required than career orien... » | my seven mortal sins.. » | A glimmer of hope... » | Pew Internet Project Reports on Bloggers » | need trainings to ride a cycle? » | so confused :| » | The darned phone call again! »


In a city of 14 million people...

is when a person feels truly alone.

I was talking to one of my colleagues here at work the other day, and the discussion revolved around the fact of how lonely he had become in the past couple of months. With friends who only came to him when they wanted something, people at home generally involved in whatever they were doing, and no one having the time of day to sit down and listen to him... (yea, i do have some pretty interesting discussions at work... *sigh*) and i realized that even with all the people i've been blessed with, my family, my extended family.. cousins and such, school friends, work colleagues, msn buddies and blogger buddies............. even after knowing and interacting with so many people..... my cellphone constantly ringing and sometimes even having to dodge people.... i still find myself, at times, to be lonely!

Does that say anything about me? Is it a fault of my own? My failure to bond with people around me? Or the fact that everyone... all the people listed above have lives of their own as well... where i just dont fit as well as i would've wanted to.

Having said all that.... i've also realized one thing in the past.... i *relish* it! Enjoy it! Want it!!

In the words of Alan Shore on the drama serial Boston Legal
"The only thing i want from a relationship is to be truly and utterly alone".
I know what you feel like Alan! i can totally relate!! I am satisfied.. content... even happy about this state of mind!!

Labels: , ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page