« Home | Firefox plugin: Bypass blogspot ban through inblog... » | Blogger hack: Change blogspot ban bypass proxy aut... » | The nightmare.. » | Safety... a luxury » | Soon! » | Scenic Route » | how GPRS saved my ass today » | POC #2: the office air conditioner » | What a car fuse should NEVER look like » | POC #1: My car »


The darned phone call again!

I recently blogged about getting the dreaded phonecall. Well... two days back, i received it yet again! Only this time, it was my dadi who was sick!

I was woken up at 8 AM with the call that dadi needed to goto the hospital. Thankfully, my chacha was already there, and he took her. At around 11 i got a call that she's okay, and will be back home. I breathed a sigh of relief.

But then, at 6:30.. just as i was leaving the office.. i got the call again! "Dadi is sick again! We need to get her to the hospital stat!". I rushed from the office to her place, and got her to shifa. She's suffering from diarreah, and at her age, it is really taking a big toll. Cant eat or drink anything, vomitting and going to the washroom every half hour! It was bad.

We got her there, and put her on a drip. The original plan was, that she'll be on the drip after which we'll bring her home. Then things got bad.... when around 12 she still wasnt feeling any better, we took the decision to admit her. It was just impossible to take care of her at home, with little help and no water. At 2 AM, she was taken into the family wing at PNS Shifa, and put on continous drips and anti-biotics. I came back home at 3:30 AM... her whole night was filled with going to the washroom and throwing up and my cousin who was on watch had a hard night...

Now, its been two days since her illness started, and she's feeling a lot better mashallah. Probably be staying in the hospital for the next couple of days, just to make sure she's back to normal. Unlike the previous time, the guys did'nt have to go through the 'watch routine', since they dont allow male attendants. So this time, the females in our family go the watches, and we just provide the transport to and from the hospital.

Last nite, i was so whacked... that went home and slept as soon as my head hit the pillow. That was at 11 PM, which is very early for me. After a 10 hour sleep, im feeling a 'little bit' better. Just hope dadi gets well soon, and things get back to normal again.

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page