« Home | Laziness » | the shadi series #7: shadi dress code » | Ad Teaser #5 Revealed: Caution - Dangerously Delic... » | Cute Concept - IGI Travel Insurance » | new shoes.. » | shadi series #6: nikkah and rukhsati » | damn you!! » | Unscheduled break.. » | The difference between rich and poor countries » | the shadi series #5: mehndi »


POC #1: My car

My latest term to define a lot of things in my life, POC means a piece of crap. This series is dedicated to the myriad of gadgets around me for which working is considered to be a miracle, hence they as useful as... well... crap!

Starting off... my car! damn thing is a POC! no wait... even a POC is more valuable than it! if i even GIVE it to be scrapped, they'll ask me for money to even take it!! aarrgghh!

As you can pretty well imagine by now, my car has been giving me trouble.. AGAIN! recently i spent almost 3 grand on its maintenance, today, i find myself short of another Rs. 500!

The wiring shorted out last night, after my dumb mechanic (whom i vow never to go2 again!) made a last minute adjustment to sort another problem. Shortly after the fix, smoke started coming out of the bonnet, and i found that the wire powering the fan has burnt to the crisp. The overall current got so bad that it literally destroyed the fuse (next post... What your car fuse should NEVER look like).

This morning, i spent the first half of the day getting all the wiring fixed, this time from another mechanic. He opened up all the tapings, checked the wiring right from the source, and changed all the bits and peices that, in his opinion, were a disaster waiting to happen. Plus, added another relay to cut off any future power surge to help protect the wiring. This brings up the total number of additional relays in my car to 3!

Pak Suzuki, the manufacturers of the Mehran, are IMO the most disgusting people ever to grace the face of the planet! They build their cars just so they run, nothing more.. definately a lot less!

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page