« Home | Unscheduled break.. » | The difference between rich and poor countries » | the shadi series #5: mehndi » | Ad Teaser #6: Grab the Fun » | the shadi series #4: dance prepration - day 3 and 4 » | scratching away... » | the shadi series #3: milad / mayon / ghazal nite » | the shadi series #2: dance preparation - day 1 & 2 » | the shadi series: jehz » | Advertising on the move »


damn you!!

This i say, with my whole heart and soul, to both my mechanic and my car!!! Did i ever mention, its difficult to get a even halfway decent mechanic around here?!!!

Well, okay.. he's not that bad! but when your car keeps breaking down after 12 hours of coming back from the shop.. thats who you'd wanna blame. When i say you, i mean me!

My car has a problem with its generator.. for the non-techies, its the power generating unit inside of your car which supplies electricity to all the rest of it. Then whats the battery for you may ask? The battery is there just for the start-up, after which the generator takes over... Somehow, my generator is producing less energy than the car needs (like i have my own personal KESC here!!!) and hence keeps draining the battery. Therefore, no start-up.. and i have to dhakka start it every once in a while (read while as hour). I sent it off to the mechanic today, to have it fixed, but he informed me that i should replace it, since the old one would break pretty soon anyway, i thougth to myself, what the hell.. lets just replace it! After giving him the go-ahead and authorizing a spend of Rs. 1200, i got a new generator in my car and was pretty pleased at myself.

But for only a short while... i learned that the new generator was somehow faulty, and had to be replaced... no problem, i had a warranty which said it would be replaced if it becomes faulty in a month, and i just had a couple of hours on it.. so the mechanic went back and got a new one... tested it.. and brought the car home. i was so excited to see it.... my baby was back home again! and my mechanic assured me that the new generator was good and would run. I gave him the bill amount, and went off to drop him at the shop.

But, to my dismay, a shock awaited me there. The mechanic said that he'll check the outputs once again, just to make sure its okay... and discovered a problem! The 2nd damn generator wasnt working either!! I needed to have the car today, as i wanted to goto the shadi.. and had errands to run, which would've cost me around atleast rs. 500 if done by taxi.. so i said, i'll run the car on as low as possible, and send it back in the morning. He agreed saying he'll replace the generator with a new one in the morning.

It ran fine till about 8 pm, when i parked it at my nanis to goto the shadi hall. When i came back, thats when hell broke loose! the new damn generator just wouldnt supply electricity even when it was dhakka started. Which meant, no car for me anymore! I got a ride back with my mom in her car, so atleast im back home.. .Right now, its 5 AM in the morning, i just got home a half hour ago, and my car is standing outside a banglow in defence and im really pissed off! Hence no sleep and this post!

There goes a perfectly good sunday, cuz i have to wake up in five hours, take the mechanic to the car, get him to start it up somehow, or tow it back to his shop (around 10 kms away) and pray the third generator works!

p.s. the shadi was today, and it went great! i'll post a detailed account of it next.

Labels:

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page