« Home | 6 / 6 / 6 » | Ad News: Inbox thinking out of the box! » | Pakistan on the way to prosperity! Posting a growt... » | Eight Keys To Success! » | On headache's... » | Generation Gap and Fusion » | How much 'Chai Paani' ?? » | Blogging from the office » | Under Siege » | Project ICE »


**wwwwhhheeeewwwww*

**wwwwhhheeeewwwww*

That was a sigh of relief! The relief which comes when something you know is going to happen finally happens.. and your done with it. For many, its an upcoming deadline or upcoming exams... for me, it was being berated by my boss! LoL! funny thing to anticipate no? He's a nice guy and generally gives me a lot of leeway.

My problem is i cant get to office on time... and am typically 1 hour late everyday... my boss on the other hand, gets in 15 minutes early. (how!!!???). Anyhew's... i was waiting everyday to have an earful about my coming to office habits, and everyday i used to setup a whole list of excuses that i would give him... only to take the excuses back home with me (did i mention my boss is a nice guy?).

My excuses are as follows
  • My brother, who typically takes an hour to get ready in the morning (i.e. just to wash up and put on clothes!) So im usually ready to head on to the office at 8:45... and then have to wait around for my brother till 9:45 cuz we go together (if i dont take him, he doesnt go2 uni.. its weird i know, but that kid would rather sleep than go2 class by bus!), i get dropped to office while he goes onto his university.. and it takes about half an hour to get to the office.
  • Then the other excuse, which is true somedays, is that i have to do certain things around the house before i leave... since my dad's not in the city, and im the 'man of the house'.
  • Another one (which is not really an excuse as it a reason), i get late due to having breakfast!
  • And last but not the least excuse, i woke up late because of <enter suitable reason here, out partying, taken medicine, attending a shadi etc.>.

So today, i walk in at 10:30, since i had to wait for my brother to get ready, and here's what my boss had to say
  • Boss:"Did you sit here late last night?
  • Me: "No, i left at 7"
  • Boss:"Then? Why are you late? I dont understand what your taking liberty off!"
  • Me: <Head down in shame> "....."
  • Boss: "You come late on mondays and you will never come on time then.. okay fine.. but why the rest of the week"
  • Me: <Head still down> "......"
  • Boss: "You have to do something about this! and i mean SOON!"
  • Me: <Slightly raise head to gauge boss's mood, he's not fuming....> "yes, sir"
  • Boss: "Now lets get down to business..."
  • Day starts....
So now that i've gotten that over with, i feel a lot better, i was waiting for this to happen for atleast two weeks..... Im thinking of making my brother take the bus a couple of times (muhahaha), maybe then he'll get ready on time(?) As for waking up late....... i need a MEAN alarm clock!!

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page