« Home | Project ICE » | Chai paani...? » | Pressing the button » | A Cool Century!! » | Public Transport... » | The phenomena that is the Mehran » | Friendlier than thou » | A little criticism.... » | Gangster MD » | Karachi Events: Jang Hai Basanti Di - A theater pl... »


Under Siege

The community where i live was under a virtual siege today, with traffic jam's blocking all access to the area. Three major roads approach the entrance, all backed up literally for kilometer's!

Thankfully, i decided not to return home directly from office, but went with my cousin to the other(?) side of town.. towards Karachi University for some errands. On the way back we stopped for dinner and finally made it back to clifton at around 10 PM. After dropping him, i went on my way home.. was on mai kolachi.. when i noticed something odd.. every car/truck/bus on all the roads (coming and going, on the main roads as well as the side roads) were facing the same direction and were stopped. I was wondering about why was this so... n it suddenly hit me. There's a jam!!! I vaguely remembered something about there being a protest near Press Club today, but never thought it would escalate to this much. I called up the guard post at the entrance (god bless the mobile service!!), and learned that traffic was jam-packed everywhere, and no one could enter nor leave. I made a U-turn at that point, and went to my cousin's home where i stayed there for the next 2 hours, when finally upon calling i learned that atleast one of the road's had cleared up (coming from PIDC).. and i could return home. Even then, mai kolachi was hopelessly backed up! but i had reached home...

Sometimes, whatever happens, happens for a reason. My cousin called out of the blue for me to accompany him with his errands.. otherwise, i would have been sitting there, in the middle of the jam, for six hours!!

Labels: ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page