« Home | Gangster MD » | Karachi Events: Jang Hai Basanti Di - A theater pl... » | Soft Launch of Rotary Club of Karachi / PN Model S... » | Icon Wars » | and sometimes.. its just not your day! » | A Fresh New Look! » | Procrastination Reigns Supreme! » | De-stress yourself » | Fido Comes to Pakistan » | Cola Wars in Pakistan »


A little criticism....

i recently rambled on about how i needed structure in my life (no! not the military kind) but rather more of a slight nudging kind... and i would like to receive honest feedback on how im doing. Ofcourse, where i was thinking that... i didnt know critism could be so hard to take. Today, i was in conversation with my boss, about course delivery techniques and this line came up with was literally a smack on my face (complete with a resounding echo).
"i was really pissed off at the attitude through which you prepared for delivering the last course. Apparently you know how to deliver, but you didnt know what to deliver"
okay okay.. so maybe thats not excatly what he said, but i swear thats what i heard! talk about cutting you down to size! I immediately saw my hopes of being a trainer in the long run being slashed to pieces!

Now comes the interesting part.. what to do about it? I'm not going to take this lying down! Nor am i gonna cry about it (though its so damn tempting). Now its upto me to PROVE that im good! A little dose of criticism can do wonders for you now and again! believe you me! It did wonders to bring up my morale (reverse psychology?) and my resolve (jazba, azm and all) to do better next time.

I've had two more training delivery sessions since the first and before this comment, and on self reflection, i made somewhat of the same mistakes in the first one... and really prepared in the second one! We're having another session on "Best Practices on Software Quality Assurance" in which im going to get a part (unfortunately, given my previous perfomance.. a smaller part) again. This time im gonna knock their (his) socks off.

Pray for me world!!

Labels: ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page