« Home | dude! where are the keys? » | on its way.. » | interrogation » | unplugged » | the big day » | realization » | blogwordoftheweek: right » | sleepless nights » | Mom = Non-refundable » | Sep 11 »


*crash*

I've been going on and on over at KMB about motorcyclists in the wonderful(?) city of Karachi... Little did i know, i was gonna have my first run-in with one... that too.. driving at over 60 MPH!

This happened while going to the airport to drop my brother and mother for their flight to ISB, just as you cross the last signal before climbing up the terminal. I was barelling down that road, saw a green signal, people waiting at the intersection, and floored the accelerator thinking i'd get through before the signal opens....... (Before i go on, one point to note is that the intersection is surrounded with a lot of tree's/shrubs which ofcourse makes it impossible to see more than one car deep if your coming up the road. The cars i saw were stopped.... Anyways...) then i saw it! A bike with two passengers breaking the signal and crossing the intersection! I swerved right, trying to avoid them, cursing under my breath.... they cleared the road and i breathed a sigh of relief... almost!

Then i saw the SECOND bike breaking the signal and crossing the intersection!!!! this time, there was no time nor room to manouver out... in what seemed like a split second... i jammed on the breaks (which on a mehran are pretty non existant) and almost prayed/cursed in the same sentence!

Then we collided!

Luckily for him (the bastard!), he wasnt hurt.... nor was i or my brother (Thank God!!) his bike was kind of battered by then and my car was pretty much totalled from the front.... i was pretty thankful and sane till that moment, then i heard a strange noise coming from within the engine comparment... and lost it! For the second time in my life... i wanted blood! HIS blood!!! I got out and started shouting at him! Wo tou he was either too shocked or dazed (probably he's an imbicle) to say or do anything back, to bach gaya! Just at that time, my mom came over in the other car... the moment i saw her, i kind of cooled down... a cousin of mine also got out, and went brutal on his ass! (i love you for that cuz!!). After a couple of punches.. and the crowd trying to break us up... i sent my mom n the other car over to the terminal, the flight wasnt gonna wait for a phadda afterall, got my brothers luggage from my car, transferred it to a third car which was thankfully there, left my car at the intersection and went to see them off. It took me a futher half hour to really cool down! The adrenaline rush doesnt go down easily.

What a send off they had from karachi! Sorry mom... Sorry bro!

Damn motorbike drivers!!!

On top of that, he had the gall to say "gaari dekh kar chalao"!! that was enough to get him two three more punches!

Damage assesment: Bumper gone, Bonnet dented, both fenders dented, right axle damanged, engine foundation broken, radiator assembly pushed inside, headlights broken, bumper lights broken.

Labels: , ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page