« Home | realization » | blogwordoftheweek: right » | sleepless nights » | Mom = Non-refundable » | Sep 11 » | Its a strange/irritating feeling » | cleaning out my drawer » | living out of a box » | addicted » | day(s) off »


the big day

We finally moved today! When i say move, i mean, we vacated the previous house, i moved into my new 'digs' and mom n brother have assumed gypsy status till their departure on wednesday.
The day started out at 8 AM, just like any other.... when i got out of my room, i realized.... that it was gonna be the last day i wake up in that room. (i had been realizing such things a lot lately).. quickly took in what/how that room had been to me.. my 'sanctuary' for the last six years... as well as my bed n breakfast.

The packers/carpenters arrived as usual at 9:30, as they had been for the last two weeks. All credit goes to them for 'efficiently' packing up everything... My mom n brother just packed their rooms, i only packed up my clothes, the rest was done by them.

The container we had ordered came through at 11 AM, almost two hours later than scheduled... which gave us time for some last minute packing.. Also, that morning, we ordered a forklift to assist in loading the container... anyone planning a intercity move in the coming times... do yourself a favour and get a forklift! It reduced the time n breakage for the stuff manifolds!

At around 4 PM, my stuff, which was just to be moved crosscity, was loaded on another truck and the driver became anxious to leave. I handed over the rest of the packing/closing over to my mom n the packers, and left with the truck to unload the stuff at my new digs. I have now, officially, crossed the (so called) bridge of karachi, and live on not-defence side now.

Brought my stuff over, had them haul it up all three flights to my room, and then started some cursory unpacking. It was then that i realized that a) i was dehydrated, and b) was hungry!!! So grabbed a friend of mine, and we headed over to have some lunch. By the time i was back, i thought i'd just crash!! Almost did, before KESC decided to be a darling and shut off the power supply... and then the mosqitoes attacked! I had no candle, no mosquito coil and very irritated... then in the dark, continued unpacking some more stuff, found a candle i had stashed in my stuff 'just in case', lit it.. and proceeded to take a bath! Then changed and just as i was about to leave... the lights came back on! By this time, i was too pumped with my recent shower, so left. Did some visiting... had a late dinner with my bro (who i picked up on the way) and came back home at 1:30 AM! Its now 2:16 AM... and i just dont wanna sleep.... :S

I think i'm way past tired now...........

Labels: ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page