« Home | A haven for Road Crossers (finally!!) » | Brand Power ! » | Car-achi #3 » | Ad Teasers #2 » | Car-achi #1 » | Latest Advertising Teasers in Karachi » | Government Maal ! » | A Pink Beetle! » | Beat the heat.. DESI ISHTYLE » | The benefits of a Helmet ! »


Happy Birthday To MEEE! A recap of 2005-2006

Yesterday, on the 19th of May 2006, i celebrated my 24th Birthday !! WWOOOOHHOOO!!

Since the last couple of years, i've tried making my birthday a special occasion for me, since leaving it on other people to plan didnt work out too well. My whole day is spent with the people most important to me (and then some), and usually goes like this...
Midnight: Cut cake with my mom, dad and brother. Get calls / mails from all the people who care about me.
Morning / Afternoon : Take my friends out to lunch / celebration somewhere.
Evening / Night : Celebrate with my family by going out to dinner.

Till now, this routine has given me no grief and serves to make my day all the more enjoyable. This year was no exception. (well, just a little...)

I stared getting calls / sms's from friends, family and well-wishers at about midnight which continued uptil 2 AM. My dad wasnt in town this year and i really missed him a lot! Then the next day in the afternoon, i took my friends from university out to lunch at Park Towers Food Court and then... we went bowling at Royal Rodale!! It was SO MUCH fun !!! I came in fourth place out of the six of us, but it was all good. Came back home around 7 and left with mom and my brother for dinner at Deja Vu restaurant at Zamzama where i had a great BIG mushroom steak with ginger ale and great conversation! My dad called three times during the day so that was great as well! And kept getting calls / sms's the whole day through!

Came back home at 11, totally tired out but greatly satisfied!! It was again, one of the best days of my life! and totally worth it!

A big shout out all my friends (Neelam, Farhan, Saman, Zohra and Irfan) who participated in lunch/bowling, my family for the wonderful dinner and all those who wished me on my birthday! I love you all!

Now, on to a little more serious discussion (just cant help these little tidbits u know). As each birthday approaches and consequently passes, i am reminded on the great responsibilities bestowed upon me as the eldest kid in my family. It also reminds me of the major deadline in my life (or everyone's life for that matter) which will serve to change the very essense of life as i know it getting just a little bit closer! Yes.. i'm talking about getting married. lol! and trust me.. this year, i was reminded of this fact by a lot of people! Lets see when will that happen.....

To recap this wonderful year 2005-2006, i got my very first professional job this year, as a Consultant in Business Beam, first as a part-time employee, then from Feburary as a permanent one. This job served to shatter my 10 year plan (to which i had gotten to after 5 years of planning). I was planning on going into the development career track, eventually raising myself upto project manager level, and then going into consultancy. Funny how things happen sometimes in life. But no complaints! Enjoying each and every day here.

I got my first salary account (yaayy!) and my first Credit Card (Bank Al Falah Classic Blue). As a birthday gift to me from myself, i'll be getting my first post-paid cell phone connection too! These things may not seem big, but they serve as important milestones in the journey of growing up! One more milestone was 'declaring financial independence' from my dad by giving him a high-tech gift out of my paycheck. I also started writing this blog this year!

And lastly, i got my first taste of 'managing the household' including finances, procurement and in general 'holding the fort' since dad left for Islamabad this year. And im kinda doing okay.. havent bankruppted the house nor messed up any supplies.

Overall, its been a good year! Grew up a lot... shouldered a lot more responsibility and my shoulders are still intact. Saw many ups and downs along the way... In the words of Richard Marx (from the soundtrack of the film Anastasia) "Life is a road and i wanna keep going"!

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page