« Home | B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G NEWS: Top Bollywood Actress Dies i... » | Shortlived Happiness! » | Blogspot becomes accessible » | Save water!! Every drop counts » | Play it safe? No thank you! » | Of friends and foes ! » | Happy Birthday To MEEE! A recap of 2005-2006 » | A haven for Road Crossers (finally!!) » | Brand Power ! » | Car-achi #3 »


Flying 'Solo' !

Today was another landmark moment for me in my career. I delivered my first solo two hour training session, on Conducting Effective Software Inspections. Even though the content was already prepared, it was nonetheless an amazing experience! Hopefully, i'll be given more opportunities to pursue this career track!

It started at 10 AM this morning at a client's site. First gave an introduction to the course, myself and took name's and departments of all the participants. I had 15 people there, an impressive number by any means. Then launched into discussing the issue at hand. One thing about delivering executive session's is that the participants do have a lot of prior knowledge of their field (including standing problems) and are constantly taking the new concepts and applying it to their situtations. This sparked off quite many debates during the session as well, which was good or else the course gets very boring very quickly.

An hour and a half later, wesat down to conduct a "hands on" session of an Inspection, taking it through the various phases of the process. I divided the participants into three groups, and then made each group go through the process on their own. Once completed, i ended a session with a round up of lessons learned by each group during the hands on session.

After the session, i got quite a positive feedback on the whole thing, with one participant coming up and saying that many of their standing queries had been answered, and that this session was really worth it.

My personal view on it: I Loved Every Moment Of It. Teaching is one of my passion's and standing there, in front of all these people, always tends to give me a huge adrenaline rush!


Technorati Tags: , , ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page