« Home | bring on the butter jerry! » | gramps is baq home! » | Big Bad Boss! » | ack! sleeping at midnight! » | Is milk really good for you? » | Awareness:: Save children before they are born » | Firefox plugin review: Fizzle » | one mcBIG-ass burger! » | The dreaded phonecall » | Wedding invitation. Venue: Central Jail Karachi »


room for improvement

Day before yesterday, i went to deliver my second Executive Training Course at Regent Plaza. It was one hell of an experience! The day started off nicely, with the radio blaring my favourite songs as i set off for the venue. Reaching there just in time, and hardly having any to setup, we (my boss and i) started off on delivering the course. In my last experience, i had about 1 hour of material to deliver, and basically sat the remaining 7... this time however, i had to my credit 4 hours! And it was so much FUN!

Personally, i enjoy the look on people's faces when things start dawning upon them and their understanding expands.. Also enjoy the questions being thrown at me, sometimes out of confusion, and yet again, sometimes out of evilness! LoL! In this course (thankfully) we didnt have any of the evil kind, whose sole purpose for the day is to ruin your presentation!

After the course was over, we distributed feedback forms, which had a different section this time around to evaluate my performance. What i got back was... i have a lot of room for improvement.. thankfully, most of the ratings were in Average to Very Good, with some excellents thrown in for good measure. However, this one Very Poor and two Poors got to me... in the categories of "Clarity of Thought". So next time, im going to have to prepare EXTRA HARD so as to not to get these ratings again.

Another thing in this course was, that one day before my boss took me through the 'strategy' of delivering a course to an executive audience. The strategy being.. use your body language as well as verbal language and you'll be more successful! Im happy to say, this worked! and my performance, as judged by boss and a colleague, was miles ahead of my last stint! Still.. the road is long and the journey is hard.... but the resolve is stronger!

Labels: ,

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page