« Home | Wishlist.... Motorola RAZR V3 » | A HILARIOUS quote on marriage.... » | Winning.. from Dilbert.Blog » | Updates :: The Apprentice UK Episodes 2 and 3 » | Past, future or the present ? » | Is a particular dress really representative of you... » | 23rd March - Pakistan Day » | A cultural issue ? or a suppression issue ? » | View on an article :British colleges seek quantity... » | Steps in researching.... »


Oddities in daily life : Goods Return Policy

Everyday for lunch, i goto this bakery/mithai shop near my office called Faisal Sweets, and get a roll or two. Its light and doesnt make me sleep afterwards (reason im still employed lol). Anyways, something happened today over there which was just TOO GOOD not to share.

As soon as we (me n a colleague of mine from office) reached the bakery, there was this aunty arguing with the staff.. Thinking it was just someone who'd been in the heat for quite sometime, and was just venting out steam, we didnt pay much attention.. till the following conversation started happening (and that too at high volume)...

Aunty (shouting): are you, or are you NOT going to take this back!
Staff:sorry madam, but you didnt buy it from us.. we cant take it back from you..
and here's the real kicker
Aunty: SO WHAT?? WHY DO YOU LET PEOPLE BUY THIS STUFF TO GIVE AS GIFTS!!! i dont want it, take it back and give my money back. I've already got a whole box of (pointing at some sort of sweet on display) this that i dont want, that someone gifted me! I want to return that too!!
.....
...
..

And this continue'd for the next 10 minutes! Finally the aunty left with her package, which the store keeper didnt exchange!! This aunty gave a really good twist to the 'store exchange policy' ! First of all, Goods taken from a sweet shop/bakery are not exchanged/refunded on a later date.. secondly, you DO NOT bring a gift (a cake/mithai box type) back to the store it was bought from for a refund !

And lastly... here's one line from the aunty which really made me laugh so hard, im damn sure i have about 2 liters new blood in me.

Aunty to the storekeeper: "Why do you left people buy such gifts for me, which i dont like".

I hope someday she gets some sense into her poor little head.

Sponsored Links

My recent posts on Karachi Metblogs

My comments on other blogs

Powered by:
CoComment

Latest Posts in the Pakistani Blogosphere

Powered by:

Blogs I Read

Get the feed..

Buttons & Such

Creative Commons License

The text of this Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Locations of visitors to this page